About the role:
My well-respected NFP client, based in Melbourne CBD are embarking on a period of further growth and seek a number of Java / Full Stack Developers to join their friendly and collaborative team.
As an experienced Java developer, you'll be integral to the team, developing new features and supporting the existing platform, while supporting and growing the development capability within the team.
- Working with fellow Developers and the IT team to understand the requirements of a new feature
- Taking those requirements and completing a technical design, considering the existing patterns, required technologies and development processes
- Technical designs to determine and consider technical requirements including performance, security, supportability and testability.
- Increasing the automated test coverage of the platform while building and/or maintaining the codebase
- Performing code reviews and coaching other Junior developers in the team, improving the overall quality of the codebase and capability within the team
- Fixing bugs and assist the support team when called upon
- Identifying opportunities to automate and streamline the development processes
- Participating in planning and decision-making and other tasks as required
Key Technical skills:
- Strong Java (ideally Java 8+, Spring MVC 4, Hibernate 4/5)
- Atlassian BitBucket (or other git-based source repositories, flows, branching practices, etc)
- TDD with JUnit, Selenium and other testing frameworks
- Understanding of software design principles and patterns
- Java build tools (Ant/maven or Gradle)
- Problem solving and attention to detail
f you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Adam Langley-Smith at Clicks IT Recruitment on 0437 731 191 .