One of our premium clients based in Canberra is looking for a highly committed Java Developer. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
- Develop robust, efficient and reliable software that others can consume and extend to create scientifically valid digital products that are fit for use by Australian government, industry and public
- Provide highly technical advice to developers and scientists
- Design, implement and negotiate infrastructure and software solutions that traverse the cloud environments
- Create a robust, efficient and scalable digital platforms for Australian Government and industry partners to consume
- Contribute to a positive culture of continuous improvement, agility, security, and user engagement
Proficient skills/experince required for the role:
- Have a passion for science, technology and continuous improvement.
- Promote positive cultural change in the organisation through principles of DevOps.
- Agile, and Lean
- Have an unerring focus on value, delivery, and users
- Proactively identify risks and issues around feasibility, security, and architecture
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders from other divisions
Experience in the following is essential:
- Angular 6 and AngularJS
- Amazon Web Services
- Java 8+
- Relational and/or non-relational databases
- Source Control Systems
How to apply
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
Alternatively, if you would like more information on the role, please contact Ankit on 02 6103 1803 or also at firstname.lastname@example.org
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Modis is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and indigenous Australians.