One of our premium clients based in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne is looking for a highly experienced and committed Lead Support Engineer. This key position will be responsible for nstallation and support of mid to large Enterprise grade networking solutions, assisting and complementing the junior level engineers in a mentoring as well as technical capacity. In this role you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
- Server projects and maintenance
- Network projects and maintenance
- Server and network administration
- Workstations / Laptops and peripheral devices (printers, scanners, wifi)
- Audio visual equipment and meetings rooms
- Telecom (landline, mobiles)
- Installation and configuration of company standard software packages (Microsoft Office, SAP client etc)
- Security requests
Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge in Infrastructure (LAN/WAN, telecom, servers and applications)
- Experience in project management, demand management and emergency support.
- Experience with vendor management.
- Minimum qualification/education level: Bachelor's degree in ICT, engineering, science or related field
- Understanding of security risks and appropriate methods to mitigate.
- Strong written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Technical certifications (MCSE, Cisco etc) preferred.
Leadership/Team Management Responsibility:
Team management - no permanent direct reports, but managing interns and contractors/vendors for projects and support. Regular guidance to other technical staff.
Leadership - leading change by challenging existing processes and following continuous improvement approach. Identify performance and reliability issues and address them in a cost-effective manner.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong Lead Support Engineer skill set to this organisation.
For more information on the role, please contact Birsen Polat on email@example.com
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"