This is an exciting 6 month contract opportunity for a Manager, Business Systems to be involved in managing business systems and coordinating related Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) projects.
The role has three primary functions; systems management, technical expertise and project oversight. The focus of the role is to coordinate the support, administration and development of key RSH business systems. The role will provide business analysis and subject matter expertise to the Division's business systems platform transition project and other relevant departmental and inter-agency ICT projects.
The role requires strong project management and stakeholder engagement skills to effectively manage systems and initiate, coordinate and deliver key ICT projects within the governance framework of the Information, Communication and Technology Committee (ICTC).
- Systems management:
- Maintain business systems service continuity by working directly with nominated support teams from Information Technology Partners (ITP) and other software vendors to coordinate support through effective defect rectification and test and release cycles for enhancements.
- Monitor the risks associated with business systems and report to the ICT Panel accordingly through maintenance of system supportability dashboards and risk registers.
- Coordinate upgrades to business systems and the implementation of enhancements to system functionality.
- Technical expertise:
- Provide subject matter expertise to support teams and other business stakeholders regarding system support and functionality.
- Assist the business with the coordination of testing and release of technical defect rectifications and enhancements to business systems.
- Assist the business to maintain effective interoperability between key systems.
- Conduct technical and commercial reviews of systems in the market and in use across other jurisdictions and industry for insight into future system enhancements.
- Project oversight:
- Provide leadership and successfully manage allocated projects, in accordance with established project management frameworks, methodologies and policies.
- Coordinate a project team to deliver the business systems platform transition and future system enhancements.
- Provide advice and direction relating to key ICT projects particularly with regard to improving integration across business systems.
- Lead the identification of key ICT projects that align with ICT strategies.
- Liaise, negotiate and develop effective networks with internal and external stakeholders including government agencies, industry and business associations to deliver desired outcomes aligned with ICT strategies.
- Prepare business cases, reports, submissions, briefings and correspondence relating to key ICT projects.
- Provide oversight of procurement activities related to key ICT projects.
- Be a trusted advisor to the Chief Operating Officer, Project Executives and project teams, and lead the establishment and maintenance of ICT governance and project management procedures.
For further details of this role, including the full job description and requirements, APPLY NOW, attention Gavin Knox or call 07 3027 2558 to discuss further.