We are currently seeking a Manager of IT Networks for a long term contract position with a well know Federal Government Agency. This role will take carriage of both data networks and unified communications for ICT Services. With respect to Data Networks, this includes plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer systems and network infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organisation's ICT environment. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimising all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links.
- Lead the Agency's Network Services team in the delivery of ICT services, under an ICT shared services model as well as with other third party vendors.
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders, senior executives.
- Implementation of change technical management activities.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of an operating model that reflects new ways of working.
- Evaluating and implementing new systems and infrastructure.
- Engage with business stakeholders at all levels to manage service delivery, building strong relationships and managing service reviews.
- Provide strategic leadership to the Data Network and Unified Comms Team.
- Foster a positive culture within the Service Operations team aligned with Agency values.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience leading teams to deliver ICT services through ICT management frameworks such as ITIL.
- Strong commitment to meeting agreed work targets and standards.
- Demonstrated strong leadership in operational environments.
- Comprehensive experience in IT Operations environments and in designing and deploying solutions covering network, server and storage and digital workplace services, particularly focused on Managed Service Infrastructure, Cloud and/or ISP environments.
- A strong technical background covering Infrastructure, Networking, Telephony, Security & Cloud.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of IT infrastructure
- Ability to define successful new product requirements and implementation strategies.
- Experience working in Government, or providing services to Government agency.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Matthew Clarke at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7716.