We are currently seeking a Master Scheduler to join a Federal Government Department to design and implement new key strategic capabilities for Portfolio Master Scheduling. The successful candidate will provide full details across the portfolio (programs/projects and BAU) of dependencies, constraints, risk and issues and support the management of resource contention, and support decision making to be fully informed of the impacts to desired outcomes and benefits.
- Establish a fit-for-purpose Minimum Viable Product process/operating model for the delivery of the Portfolio Master Schedule which clearly identifies the roles and accountabilities and the required inputs, processes and outputs. This include the processes to receive the regular updates required to maintain the Portfolio Master Schedule.
- Assisting to define the ongoing roles that the Department needs to support Portfolio Master Scheduling.
- Assist with the up-skilling and knowledge transfer to the Department that enables the Portfolio Master Schedule to be operationalised and maintained. This includes assisting Project Managers in creating short-term schedules, monitoring such schedules to determine impact on master schedule.
- Identify gaps and issues relating to obtaining quality data inputs which are required to deliver the Portfolio Master Schedule.
- Maintain the master schedule and undertake monitoring to facilitate overall management of the portfolio, maintain scheduled dependencies, resource allocation, milestones and highlight impact to critical path.
- Prepare schedule status reports and identify potential gaps or obstacles that may compromise the success of projects and present appropriate strategies to overcome barriers and provide governance over project-related scheduling and resource decisions.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in the design and implementation of a Portfolio Master Schedule for Commonwealth government agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of business operating models in government.
- Experience communicating, building and maintaining relationships with business lines and Senior Executive levels.
- Experience in providing strategic advice through performing gap analysis.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Matthew Clarke at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7716.