Our client, a large Federal Government Department is seeking a several Data Analysts to assist with working on a major program to support the Australian community through a challenging environment. The successful candidates will join a team who will focus on the data and analytics program that underpins the program from working with large volumes of data, building analytical models, enabling integrity measures and generating reporting insights.
Skills & Experience
- Expertise in relational databases to build queries that support discovery, reporting insights and models
- Deep SQL expertise in large enterprise systems (preferably Teradata but not limited to)
- EDH skills and experience
- Query optimisation and best practices
- Basic data modelling for business intelligence
- Experience in Hadoop-based SQL platforms (Hive/Impala etc)
- Baseline security clearance required
- Produce SQL scripts and use other data analytical software tools to undertake and manage complex research and analysis or data extraction associated with identifying and sizing compliance risks, monitoring and profiling, program evaluation, trend analysis and data collection.
- Be accountable for specific data analysis tasks, including providing specialised advice and recommendations, monitor project and work progress and manage priorities.
- Utilise analytic techniques and methods independently to develop technical data solutions to achieve business outcomes.
- Gather and investigate data and statistical information from a variety of sources to undertake business system and solution design.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders across a range of issues to influence desired outcomes and to achieve work area and agency goals.
- Identify and resolve complex problems using specialist knowledge and experience, identification and development of ideas, analysis of alternative courses of action and their implications.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Matthew Clarke at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7716.