We are now seeking multiple Data Engineers for our large Federal Government client in Adelaide, Melbourne and Canberra
Duration: Immediate start through until 30th June 2021 with 6 months extension option
Citizenship requirements: Australian citizens with minimum Baseline clearance are preferred
The Data Engineer will be working with large volumes of data, building analytical models, enabling integrity measures and generating reporting insights.
- Develop in approved programming language and tools, construct, and test solutions.
- Data Structures and Data Pipelines
- Configuring and maintaining a code-repository for the Developers to check-in their code
- Configure and manage test environments and notifications
- Application code pre-deployment staging and packaging
- Flexible implementation of Continuous integration and Continuous deployment (CI/CD) practices
- Assist in planning, prioritisation and readiness of features for commitment prior to delivery
- Responsible for the breakdown of stories within the features; and identifying the tasks within the stories assigned to them
- Ensure TFS reflects correct integrated releases and tags
- Work with Environments team to ensure system integration and data availability
- Collaborate with the Test/Environment/Developer teams to develop the automated unit test and deployment processes
- The data engineer will utilise their expertise in big data platforms to build queries that support discovery, reporting insights and models.
- Deep expertise in construction of data pipelines
- Structuring data for downstream use (modelling / provisioning)
- Experience with Hive, Hbase, Kafka, Spark
- Programming skills in a data engineering context including Java and/or Scala
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.