Clicks are currently looking to fill a role for a Data Engineer with a Federal Government Agency to work on developing and applying scalable data science workflows. The role will involve creating data pipelines and processing techniques that work in both super computer and in cloud computing environments. There will be opportunities to work with internal and external stakeholders, including collaborations on exciting projects around the world. You will be supported in maintaining, improving and fostering collaboration on open source software. This role will involve working with data scientists to deliver real-world impact and insight.
- Work with scientists and software engineers to create and maintain operational data processing pipelines and robust scientific workflows.
- Provide technical advice to software engineers, data scientists and executive stakeholders via Slack, Github, email and formal documentation.
- Work with a diverse team.
- Develop maintainable and well documented code.
- Work with cloud engineers to help build and run cloud native solutions.
Skills & Experience
- Experience with Linux system administration and relevant scripting languages.
- Experience with Python and/or similar programming languages.
- Experience in delivering and maintaining operational software Experience with source control management and related processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Working knowledge of AWS and infrastructure as code Experience with geospatial information systems and OGC web services
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems
- Experience working with Postgresql and PostGIS
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Flask Python framework or equivalent Experience using distributed computing tools like Dask
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Matthew Clarke at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7716.