We have been engaged by a major client in the Cloud Services industry who is looking for a talented Network Development Engineer. You will be responsible for the following:
- Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
- Provide critical on-shift network operations support to customers to diagnose of large-scale networking events
- Support and maintain next generation data-center networks.
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes whilst driving and supporting innovation from the NIC to the core.
- Reduce the end-to-end cost of delivering packets.
- Partner with our broader Technical Operations organization to reduce operational burden.
- Work closely with Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
- Collaborate with level two and level-three resolvers
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues. Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Complete customer requests via Remedy trouble ticketing system
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum three years relevant experience in a large-scale network operations environment
- Relevant degree in Computer Sciences and certifications (for example, CCIE)
- Substantial background in large scale data centre network implementations and support.
- Deep knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures.
- Significant past experience with the following protocols and concepts:
- TCP/IP, TCP/IP Flow control,
- DNS, ARP, HTTP, SSL, STP,
- Trunking and Port Channeling,
- IPsec and TLS
- In depth experience on Cisco IOS and Cisco hardware platforms
- Experience working in virtualised enterprise networking environments and excellent analytical skills
- Strong Unix/Linux skills, previous experience working in Unix/Linux environment and the ability to script in Python, Perl, shell, C or C++.
Some of the great things about joining our client's team include;
- Working vigorously to earn and keep customer trust.
- Thinking long term and don't sacrifice long-term value for short-term results.
- Acting on behalf of the entire company, beyond just their own team and never say "that's not my job".
- Looking for new ideas from everywhere, and are not limited by "not invented here".
- Always seeking to improve, staying curious about new possibilities and acting to explore them.
- Staying connected to the details and auditing frequently. No task is beneath them.
If you think you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more. Please reach out to Mike Clarke on 0429 181 233
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
My Client is focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. They value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics their people possess. Because of this Modis equally is committed to all forms of Workforce Diversity and we invite and encourage applications from LGBT+, Women and Indigenous Australians.
Network Development Engineer - Permanent - Sydney CBD