To meet Modis' continuously growing pipeline of work, we are looking for a Network Enginner to join the team to support and drive our expanding business.
- Design, build, install, integrate and maintain multiple complex security technologies, platforms and systems. This role is key around having deep network/product and services security understanding for multiple systems to allow for integration of the security event management and monitoring capability.
- Design, build, install, integrate and maintain the product lifecycle in conjunction with processes and systems to deliver Managed Security products and services to customer business units. This role is accountable for having a deep understanding of platforms and systems that support Security Incident response workflow.
- Translate customer (internal or external) needs and requirements related to security services, using technical principles into realisable products and services. This role requires detailed understanding of network/product and customer security also requires excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Lead evaluations into the capability of vendor technology and provide recommendations around the use of specific vendor equipment and services to meet business needs. Drive the vendor technology delivery process within project timelines.
- Use industry experience to review, evaluate and communicate evolving security threats. Recommend technology investment for new and revised business solutions.
- Influence greater knowledge and capability across the team through information share around emerging technology trends.
- Use own initiatives to develop activities required to design and build complex security solutions. Demonstrate effective leadership with these activities to ensure a positive outcome.
- Undertake assessment and provide estimates of cost and work effort required to design and deliver complex security solutions.
- Establish good performance metrics, monitor the effectiveness and report on the status of integrated security solutions and infrastructure capability.
- Take a leadership role with Vendors and Operations teams to drive resolution around technology issues that occur in security solutions during project delivery.
- Investigate, recommend and develop platform specific technology roadmaps (for security event management and threat intelligence). This needs to be able to leverage opportunities from evolving and future technologies
- Other duties as reasonably directed
- Must have industry experience in IT/ Network Security
- Extensive knowledge of information security principles and practices
- Knowledge and experience of Intrusion DetectionSystems
- Knowedge and experience with Secuirty Information & Event Managemetn systems
- Networking protocols, network interconnectivity - Preferably with exposure to CMI network
- Knowledge of Cisco, Juniper and Checkpoint security devices
- Knowledge of IT systems for Network and Security management
- Knowledge and understanding of centralised management and monitoring tools
- Typically requires a Tertiary qualification in IT, science or engineering, and relevant industry certifications (desirable).
- Previous experience as Specialist in field, ability to solve complex problems desirable.
- Personal behaviours to engage and influence stakeholders
Also requires extensive experience in analysing, designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining complex security and network and/or software solutions. Extensive experience in developing large or complex enterprise solutions and services typically associated with Managed Network and Security Services.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Culture & Benefits
Our people are the lifeblood of our business, and it is our people, irrefutably, who are our single biggest differentiator over other consulting organisations. At Modis, you will work for a highly successful growing organisation that offers national consulting opportunities and you will have the freedom to create your own success, as well as learning and development support in order to realise your potential. We invite you to apply below and learn more about diverse range of opportunities at Modis and what makes our workplace culture inspiring.
For more information on the role, please contact Simone Blaikie via email at email@example.com
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"