6 months contract + extension
Enterprise - level organisation
Sydney - Northern suburbs
We have been engaged by a major client to assist them source for a talented Network Engineer to join a team responsible for projects and BAU activities.
This role is to be involved in operational ownership of the services that are being offered to corporate clients within the Managed Network and Data Centre Services.
Accountabilities include providing resolution management, problem management, change management and implementation work.
This Network Engineer opportunity is also responsible for troubleshooting, resolving complex faults, identifying and remediating the root cause of incidents.
This role will also be involved in configuration of networks solutions by a range of strategic vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, Riverbed and F5, and the ongoing management of Tier 1 infrastructure.
- Minimum 7+ years' experience in the ICT Network Engineering field
- Minimum 7+ years working in a service provider capacity, with strong focus on managed network services and operational network service delivery or
- Minimum 7+ years working in a client environment, managing internal network infrastructure, and external network vendors/stakeholders.
- Experience in WIFI management and troubleshooting
- Excellent skills in support & configuration of Cisco routers and switches
- Excellent skills in support & configuration of Cisco Data Centre routers and switches, including Nexus
- Experience with support and configuration of Cisco Wireless solutions
- Experience with support and configuration of Riverbed WANx solutions
- Extensive experience supporting WAN technologies such as Ethernet, Wireless (3G/4G)
- Knowledge of service level management, transition management and change management
- Reporting to customers and to other Business departments
- Escalation management and advanced problem solving
- CCCIE, CCNA will be highly regarded
If you think you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more, please reach out to Ellen on 02 8031 6259. Alternatively, please send your CV to Ellenor.firstname.lastname@example.org
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world-class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of the global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"