This client has a very large Access wired network primarily based out of one of its locations in Melbourne, along with few remote sites spread across Victoria. The connectivity between the sites and central locations are facilitated by owned/partnered fibre network. They are currently in the process of refreshing it's access network hardware/technology, and has setup the 'Network Access Refresh' project to achieve this outcome.
The major goals for the Wired Network Access Refresh project are,
Uplift their MPLS Access Network by rolling out Cisco Catalyst 9300/9500 platforms to replace 350+ End of Life (EoL) Cisco network switches and routers. The platform refresh will be carried out to ensure configuration consistency and standardisation, and will also leverage Cisco DNA Centre (DNAC) for assurance/compliance.
- Provide development and review of configuration templates, project assurance checklists, and Bill of Material (BoM) finalization.
- Work with team leads, managers, engineers/SME and other architects within the Network domain for technical delivery and assurance of the project.
- Develop and maintain range of technical documents, as-builts to ensure all documentation are up-to-date for handover to Operations [BAU].
- Responsible for performing hands-on engineer tasks independently, as required by wired network refresh workstream.
- Proven experience in network design/implementation role for large scale Campus MPLS networks.
- Proven experience with MPLS, BGP, Multicast, QoS and Layer 2 access technologies on Cisco platforms.
Specific technology/platform Skills for Wired Refresh:
- Experienced in deployment of Cisco DNA Center(DNAC) platform , in particular auditing and enforcement of configuration compliance for large scale deployments.
- Knowledge and implementation of Cisco Catalyst 9000 platforms, including all licensing aspects.
- Knowledge of Quality of Service (QoS) including NBAR2
- Installation & Commission of Cisco switch and router platforms.
- Configure, Manage and troubleshoot network infrastructure including routers, switches.
- Firewalls and wireless infrastructure configuration and troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- Deployment experience in network automation, especially using DNAC.
- Should have experience in developing fit for purpose documentation, including Detailed Design and Migration Plan documents. It is also desirable to have technical content creation experience using WiKi/Confluence.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Fatema Galabhai at Clicks IT Recruitment on 0408 773 543.