The Role & Opportunity
The Network Systems Engineer provides technical network infrastructure support to maintain a highly available deployed business' applications using routers, switches, and firewalls. The incumbent will install, maintain, test and debug complex network infrastructure hardware and software. Their day to day responsibilities will include installing and configuring networks & computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and application problems. You will be required to take part in project work from time to time as required by the business. You will also be required to ensure documentation is up to date and mentor others to facilitate handover of tasks.
- Network Certifications eg CCNP, additional IT certifications desirable eg MCSE, MCSA, ITSM
- Strong Network troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of VLANS
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A high-level understanding of all facets of troubleshooting in an IT environment
- Advanced Microsoft Windows experience
- Strong understanding of Active Directory
- Proficient in developing technical documentation & network diagrams
- Experience with VMWare preferred
- Experience using AS400 System or a similar system preferred
- At least three years' experience in a similar role
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What's in it for you?
- 12 months fixed term role.
- Location: Altona.
- Our client has so much to offer in terms of education support, great team focused culture and business growth.
Interested? If you have the skills and motivation we are looking for, please Apply Now. For more information, please contact Sukanya Mukhopadhyay on 0399634833 or via email