One of our premium clients based in Brisbane is looking for a highly experienced and committed Database Developers. This key position will be responsible for working within a team to support the Project Manager in the execution of the project approach and associated plan with the business, team members and the vendor/s as required. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
The primary duty of this role is providing development services within SSB to:
- Design and implement changes in SSB core systems using the following technologies:
- Oracle Application Express - APEX (Highly desirable)
- Oracle Forms
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Oracle database development
- Data model creation
- Unix shell scripting
- Implement and enforce development standards and best practice.
- Deploy releases between different environments.
- Run security reviews using the appropriate toolset.
Essential Experience Required
- Demonstrated high level of skills in designing and developing applications using the Oracle technology stack.
- Experience in developing applications for data matching, statistical standards (including metadata and reference data) and collection processing is highly recommended.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze problems, develop and implement remedial strategies and exercise initiative and accept responsibility.
- Demonstrated high level of skills in operations support using Oracle database and Unix Solaris.
- Proven ability to work in a highly dynamic and complex public-sector environment.
- A tertiary qualification is highly recommended.
- 5 years' experience as a developer or equivalent
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong Database Developer skill set to this organization.
For more information on the role, please contact Payal Seth email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"