The OSS Business Analyst (BA) represents the OSS Engineering department and works with business representatives to help identify and develop the highest value business requirements, within company constraints, to support a business case. In addition, the BA, understands the processes employed by the business with particular focus on the processes spanning OSS capabilities and technologies. Hence, the BA takes accountability for the effectiveness and quality of business requirements gathering, management and verification work within a program. In addition, the BA is accountable for documenting the OSS processes as and when required.
This is achieved by working with business representatives to develop and define business requirements and processes by:
- Providing leadership to the business in Scope Definition and Ideation input; ensuring that solution options achieve business outcomes, and that the business impacts are understood and factored into requirements gathering and development plans
- Capturing Business Requirements: recommending direction to the business based on the cost/benefits trade-offs as required
- Understanding and capturing As-Is OSS type processes which span OSS capabilities and technologies
- Performing Requirements Traceability by monitoring the evolving solution design and clarifying or asserting the business need to be fulfilled in the solution with internal or external parties
- Allocation and management of BA tasks within programs
- Manage change to requirements within programs; ensuring impact analysis is complete by other program members.
- Analyse and review alternate solutions and provide advice to business representatives on the most appropriate solution.
- Ensuring affected business areas understand the solution and that their operation can support the project business case. Guiding the customer towards accepting viable and valid OSS solutions and ensuring final solution supports the stated Business benefits
- Support UAT Testing; Test Strategy; support test case development and incident impact analysis.
- Verify requirements through user test case development and incident impact analysis and seek approval of user acceptance testing
- Verify accuracy of OSS processes through discussion and workshops held with business representatives and technical architects/designers/developers
- Drive process improvement by documenting such areas of improvement and initiating discussions and/or by ensuring the proposed solution addresses such areas
- Disaster Recovery Deliverables: Review, Update and/or develop Business Continuity deliverables as part of the program
- Assure application of relevant standards (regulatory, legislative, internal and operational); and that these standards are reflected in their requirements deliverables on the programs they are working on.
- Ensuring delivery of high value requirements
These deliverables are supported by:
- The production of accurate and timely documents as required in program lifecycle.
- The facilitation of workshops, in conjunction with the IT & Networks Solution Architects and Designers to gather, manage and verify IT and non-IT requirement delivery and integration of IT and non-IT solutions.
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com if you wish to apply for this opportunity.