This leading University based in Melbourne with a global reputation for excellence is seeking a PHP Developer to join on an initial 6 month contract, with a possible extension.
As a PHP Developer, you will provide a range of sophisticated software development services, including design, development, implementation and support, for a web based application.
- Conduct analysis to determine system requirements and system impacts for applications in order to plan and provide estimates for development tasks.
- Analyse web based applications using CAS protocol for authentication, work on designing/implementing SAML protocol for the application and on-board the application to a solution that supports security protocols like SAML, OpenID and Oauth.
- Provide technical expertise related to SSO and SAML.
- Design and configure solutions to support SAML 2.0 based authentication to internally hosted web applications.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for SAML authentication and single sign-on processes and platform.
- Engage with business users, business/technical analysts, solution architects and others to understand needs and requirements for project development tasks.
- Design and code quality programs of low or medium complexity in alignment with business requirements and solution architecture for project activities;
- Conduct unit testing, support during system testing and implementation activities for low to medium complexity programs;
- Provide technical support and resolution of production problems and other maintenance activities to ensure that applications are performing well and as designed to ensure high system availability, strong data integrity and accurate/timely reporting
- Strong Knowledge of PHP web frameworks
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming
- CMS experience with Drupal
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers and environments
- Experience working in agile delivery teams
- Experience working with and setting up CI/CD pipelines and tools
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to a nontechnical audience
If you wish to apply for this fantastic opportunity, please submit your resume in WORD format by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Or for a confidential phone chat, please call Joe Elliott at Clicks IT Recruitment on 03 9963 4809 or email for further information, quoting reference 62698.