The role of Technology PMO Coordinator is to support the Technology Program Management Office including:
- Tracking status of Portfolio deliverables and milestones
- Supporting the adoption of the project lifecycle and deliverables
- Portfolio level risk and issue co-ordination
- Monitoring the status of projects transitioning into normal service
- Coordination of the regular project and Portfolio level reporting cycles
- Coordination of project Governance arrangements, Post Project Reviews, Portfolio level workshops
- Management of portfolio finances to ensure forecasts and actuals align to planned budgets
Additional responsibilities include assisting the Technology PMO Manager with defining and updating the project management processes, standards and governance, assisting Project Managers on large projects, contributing to Quality Reviews, and co-ordinating activities in support of quality objectives.
Responsibilities for supporting the Technology PMO include:
Governance & Control
- Implement governance standards across the portfolio, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of Program deliverables
- Manage Program level Lessons Learned repository; attend Post Project Review meetings to identify key areas of improvement to be captured into the Lessons Learnt repository
- Manage the Program level risks and issues register
- Carry out project review processes as required by the Technology PMO Manager
Planning, Reporting & Control
- Work with the Technology PMO Manager to develop the Technology Project Standards guide, seeking contributions from Project Managers, Development Team and Service Leads to ensure that the Standards meet best practice
- Organise workshops to identify areas of improvement for projects, documenting recommendations and presenting them to the PMO Manager
- Build up a repository of project templates both technical and management to support the Project Managers - use examples from current and past projects to identify best practice
- Continue to evolve the processes and templates throughout the project lifecycle
- Implement project standards across all projects in the portfolio
- Update and administer the Program plan as required using reports from Project Managers and the corporate PMO
- Manage communications from the PMO SharePoint site including regular reporting cycle requests.
- Prepare consolidated material from project reports for monthly review
- Complete and distribute monthly portfolio level reports.
- Manage the portfolio-level benefits register, ensuring that all benefits are planned, monitored and benefits realisation is tracked
- Support implementation of the quality strategy, including any processes and templates, across all projects
- Implement and maintain the change control process across all projects and portfolios.
- Project Management qualifications desirable (Prince2, PMBOK, MSP, CPPP)
- Experience of program co-ordination/administration
- Experience of managing small projects, or exposure to the end to end project lifecycle, or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle
- Experience of working within a structured project management framework
- Experience in forecasting, managing and reporting finances, both Capital and operational
Work Based Competencies
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, including Project, Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of the importance for detail and organisation
- Skill at managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
- Very good prioritisation skills to balance key priorities
- A strong customer centric approach.
- Strives to do the "right thing", not just the "easy thing"
- Is effective in unifying and creating teams of people with disparate skills
- Is courageous and decisive, prioritises effectively, maintains a clear focus and sees action through to delivery
- Is energetic, determined, positive, goal focussed and consistent - even under pressure
- Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances.
If this role is of interest please APPLY NOW or email