The PMO Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Head of Projects and PMO Manager by carrying out the PMO's operational tasks including: Extracting project / finance reports via Clarity, financial management, managing project information, supporting the Project Portfolio Management system, coordinating governance functions, and assisting in resource management, as required.
You will also drive project processes internally and will develop strong relationships with the wider ICT Project delivery group.
- Provide support for financial management of the PMO including preparation and submission of journal transfers, monitoring program and project budgets, coordinating financial reports, and extracting data from the PPM system
- Engage with the Finance Team to set up financial controls for projects
- Coordinate payment and invoice management, purchasing, transactions, and in liaison with Finance produces reports for managers
- Coordinate portfolio, program and project data to facilitate and support accurate reports
- Maintain an effective and accurate record management system (SharePoint) that is accessible by portfolio, program and project staff and ensures project data integrity, confidentiality and the safe storage of all types of records and files
- Analyse project data to track and report on budget and effort trends
- Provide administrative support in a pro-active and professional manner to the PMO and portfolio team
- Proactively streamline and automate administrative processes and procedures associated with projects and the PMO
- Facilitate weekly Project Stage Gate reviews for projects
- Responsible for the maintenance of project planning material including preparing status reports, documenting project timelines, preparing charts, tracking activities and highlights milestones using appropriate tools.
- Coordinate the logistics for the PMO, including scheduling meetings, coordinating attendees, planning of events and meetings in various locations, sourcing appropriate venues and resources
- Support the development of business cases, project plans, and progress and audit reports, as required
- Super-user to the PPM system (CA Clarity), advising users as needed
- Act as the second-tier support for system users, coordinating training sessions for new users as needed
- Monitor the projects and coordinate the maintenance of accuracy and completeness of project core data (time, financial, stakeholders, alignment, status)
- Develop simple dashboards, as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills / experience:
- Extensive experience in managing data in and running reports from a Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) system (CA Clarity preferred).
- Excellent numeracy skills together with experience in controlling income/expenditure for reconciliation/budget tracking and managing invoice payments and purchases for projects.
- Effectively managing a diverse group of key internal/external stakeholders within a PMO or on large complex projects and the ability to develop/cultivate productive relationships with industry providers and key users.
- Excellent coordination and administrative skills, coupled with a general understanding of project life cycle, project documentation, project standards and methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters.
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise work, sometimes under pressure, with competing priorities and sometimes limited supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work.
If you have the skills and experience mentioned above and would like to find out more, please 'Apply Now' or contact Tom Watt at Clicks.com.au for a confidential discussion regarding the next steps.