We are looking for Policy Specialist for a Federal government client in Canberra and Sydney.
Duration: 3 months with extensions
Role & Responsibilities:
- Preparing robust, proactive and innovative advice to government that helps it achieve its vision for digital transformation
- Supporting the Minister and our senior executive through briefing and presentation material that considers government's goals, stakeholder perspectives, risks and mitigations
- Initiating and sustaining productive relationships across the APS, to help drive whole-of-government change and to improve the quality of our advice
- Understand the views put forward by our stakeholders and incorporate into your products - identifying issues and proposing practical solutions
- Demonstrated ability to prepare policy advice that is well-researched, reflects people's needs, and is practical
- Demonstrated experience in Cabinet processes, and preparing briefs for Ministers and senior executive that help achieve government's goals
- Demonstrated ability to work across organisations (including with other agencies) to inform your policy advice and boost its chances of success
- Ability and willingness to respond to tight and urgent deadlines, as dictated by the policy processes and environment
- Taking ownership of your work - delivering results in line with the plan and the broader context and goals of the client.
- Additional if applying for EL1 - demonstrated results leading teams, designing and delivering policy with a degree of independence, and taking ownership to solve a broader range of issues
Nice to have skills:
- Understanding of the issues associated with delivering whole of government policies, and ways to overcome barriers
- Understanding of digital and data challenges and policy directions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.