One of our premium clients based in Melbourne is looking for a highly experienced and committed Delivery & Portfolio Manager. This key position will be responsible for overseeing the project management practice and capabilities of the Business Delivery team and supports a core team to deliver sustainable change. Key to success in this role is ensuring the frameworks and standards enable delivery of strong project outcomes within the appropriate risk management settings.
In this role you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
People leadership: Lead and manage a team of 10-20 project resources delivering change initiatives within the Financial Services domain.
Practice development: Evolve and improve the capabilities, standards and quality of project management to meet the business's changing needs by leveraging and embedding enterprise-wide and industry leading processes, methodologies and best practice.
Change delivery: Ensure frameworks and processes exist so that delivery tasks can be executed and measured to deliver high quality and efficient delivery outcomes. Drive continuous improvement and agile (or other frameworks) capability.
Business Delivery Leadership team: Conduct regular business reviews with Business Unit leadership to balance the complexities associated with team goals, budgets, profitability targets, resources, cross organisational synergies, conflicting objectives, reducing risk, other issues.
Skills & Experience
- People leadership - experience for a team ranging in size from 1 - 20 direct reports, including recruitment, resourcing, performance management, coaching, and personal development planning
- Practice development - experience in the domains of project management
- End-to-end project delivery - experience from a range of medium to large projects, with working knowledge of industry trends, standards and frameworks and including People Management Stakeholder management; Change management; Business analysis; Risk management and Financial control
- Tertiary qualified - in areas of Business, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems or Technology
- Project Management Methodologies - such as PRINCE2; Agile
- Qualification/s - such as Registered Project Manager (RegPM); Project Management Diploma of Project Management; PMI professional certification such as Project Management Professional (PMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP); Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP).
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong Delivery & Portfolio Manager skill set to this organisation.
For more information on the role, please contact Ravikumar Sammeta on 0428407454.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"