One of our government clients based in Canberra is looking for a highly experienced and committed Power BI Specialist
Seeking a Power BI Specialist to assist in developing Power BI reports and dashboards. The resource needs to have experience with Power BI, web services and SQL. Preferably with experience preparing reporting against TFS/Azure DevOps, Tech One and SharePoint.
- Undertake analysis, interpretation and manipulation of data.
- Under limited supervision, undertake analysis to produce data products, including reports and dashboards in line with the required standards.
- These duties may be more in line with deliverables as part of a scrum team:
- Develop and manage relationships with stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals.
- Work with independence, subject to limited direction against established priorities, practices, and methodologies to deliver quality outcomes.
- Implement work plans for the work area including setting tasks and priorities, managing workflow and allocating resources.
- Maintain professional knowledge and continue to develop knowledge and expertise in relation to professional skills and professional regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the identification and implementation of business and systems improvement initiatives.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Possess experience in the development of reports or dashboards in Power-BI, Tableau or similar.
- Possess experience in analysis and manipulation of complex data from a range of structured and unstructured sources
- Possess the capability to develop and manage relationships with stakeholders to achieve work area and Agency goals.
- Possess the capability to undertake analysis to produce data products, including reports and dashboards in line with the required standards, under limited supervision.
- Possess knowledge and experience with programming languages, preferably in a data science or analytics context.
- Possess the capability to utilise R or Python for data analysis
How to apply
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
Please note: Only Australian Citizens will be considered for this role - Baseline clearance is required
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Modis is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and indigenous Australians.