One of our premium clients based in Melbourne is looking for a highly experienced and committed Cloud Engineer. This key position will be responsible for designing and implementing cutting edge IT solutions, particularly focused on cloud migrations and infrastructure delivery. In this role you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
- Identifying new opportunities for using cloud services and infrastructure to improve IT to reduce program cost or schedule
- Hands-on design and implementation of cloud solutions in programs and shared environments while developing the knowledge of junior cloud technologists and program technologists who will manage the solution long-term.
- Research new Cloud technology trends, assessing their utility and developing concept of operations for deployment, including the latest IaaS and PaaS trends.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for junior engineers of the team
- Working closely with embedded program Systems Administrators to understand existing server infrastructures and practices and developing cloud-based replacements
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience with public Cloud implementations, e.g. Google, Kubernetes
- Deep understanding of cloud computing based architectures, including IaaS, Paas and SaaS models
- Experience with infrastructure automation, e.g. CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible
- Experience scripting in languages such as Perl, Ruby, Powershell, BASH or Python
- Experience with build tools, CI/CD pipelines and DevOps
- Hands on experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Chef, Ansible or Puppet
- Experience with infrastructure deployment tools such as Packer and Terraform
- Understanding of Git, Jira and other Atlassian tools
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong Cloud Engineer skill set to this organisation.
For more information on the role, please contact Birsen Polat at email@example.com
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"