Great and timely Procurement Lead / Senior Procurement Officer role with a vital and innovative NSW Government Department. Convenient CBD location !
Purpose of the Role
The role works across this Department's business units to ensure the procurement of goods & services is in line with the applicable Procurement Framework, directions, and policies. The role also manages the vendor relationship to ensure that the vendors meet or exceed their contractual obligations.
In the lead-up to a key milestone in September 2020, a number of sourcing projects will be undertaken to renew contracts with suppliers for
- Print Panel
- Cardboard Products
- Security Services
- Furniture Hire
- Courier & Delivery Services
- Postal Voting Mailhouse Services
The Role will be required to work with business partners and provide expert procurement advice to progress procurement projects including:
- RFx preparation
- Manage ATMs
- Public tenders
- Requests for Quote
- Panel procurement
- Oversee evaluation of offers and ensure recommendations to award contracts comply with government policies and procedures
- Manage all correspondence with suppliers pre-, during and post- tender periods
- Manage supplier debriefs to unsuccessful tenderers
Your employment will be subject to National Criminal Records Check to determine your suitability for employment.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in procurement of goods and services in a government or similarly regulated environment, including adherence to procurement policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong communication skills is essential.
- Attention to detail.
- Organisational ability including managing priorities within tight timelines
- Politically neutral with no affiliation to political parties or lobbyists/campaigners.
- Satisfactory criminal record check result.
- Strong experience with Microsoft applications in particular excel.
- Negotiation skills
- Meeting tight deadlines
- Managing stakeholders both internally and externally
- Ensuring compliance whilst meeting the requirements of all stakeholders within a certain timeframe
- Taking a practical approach
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Samuel Williams at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4449, quoting reference SW62837.