The primary purpose of the role
The Senior Application Administrator is responsible for ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancement of all business systems.
- Perform system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting and escalating issues, including proactive problem resolution and complex problem analysis as necessary, to maintain system performance and meet user demand
- Provide third level support for core NSWTG systems to ensure normal business operations are maintained
- Perform routine maintenance to the databases and platforms of the core business systems to ensure continued operational service
- Ensure application integrations are available and continue to develop to meet changing environmental and staff demands
- Develop enhancements to the business systems through direction from the business analysts
- Maintain good release management practices, including detailed code comments, comprehensive release notes and ensure alignment to the ITIL framework.
- Collect and analyze operational data to identify emerging trends and log problem records to assist with problem resolution and increased application availability
- Working with high volume transactional systems that have direct customer impact if they become unavailable
- Supporting a number of legacy applications which have been enhanced over a number of years
- Strong experience in .NET development
- The role is responsible for development and support of the legacy system. Experience in the implementation of three-tier solutions with PowerBuilder and SQL Server essential.
- Strong SQL and experience in C# or a similar object-oriented language
- Understanding of NSW government and NSWTG's key services and client base.
How to apply
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
Alternatively, if you would like more information on the role, please contact Kanika in our Sydney offices on 02 8028 3168 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world-class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of the global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Modis is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and indigenous Australians.