This internationally-recognised University are looking to hire an experienced Program Manager on an initial six month contract to establish and run a Greenfield Digital Program focusing on improving the Technology Enablement and Lifecycle Management across the University.
The Technology Enablement and Lifecycle Management program, as part of the wider University's 2021 Digital Strategy, will bring the annual technology upgrades, updates and improvements under one program, with a future-facing focus. This will include existing technologies, as well as some new and exciting initiatives particularly around the automation, AI, and data analytics space.
While some groundwork has been completed already, with scoping activities largely done and a backlog of initiatives developed, the successful candidate will be tasked with taking this backlog and working with the relevant business units to prioritise the initiatives and align them to the business goals, create the program schedule and then build up a team to deliver the projects.
Working closely with the Director and Deputy Director of Projects & Business Transformation, you will be comfortable operating at a strategic level, whilst also being happy to 'roll up the sleeves' and pick up hands-on delivery responsibilities if required. You will have the ability to build out a team to support you, leveraging internal resources where possible and bringing in specialist talent when needed.
In this role, it is imperative for the successful candidate to have technical skills, with demonstrable experience working on Lifecycle Management programs (ideally at both a Program and Project level) as well as experience in the Data Analytics, Cloud, Automation and AI space.
In addition, you will need strong soft skills; particularly negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management. You will be required to build strong relationships with key stakeholders across multiple business units, aligning their objectives to those of the program and clearly communicating whether or not they align.
- Establish the Technology Enablement and Lifecycle Management program, prioritising the scoped initiatives and creating a schedule for delivery
- Bring a strategic focus to the program, aligning initiatives to the business objectives and clearly communicating that to all stakeholders
- Build a team to successfully deliver the program objectives, being a trusted advisor to the program members and offering support and advice where required (including being comfortable taking responsibility for hands on delivery when required)
- Minimum 3+ years experience as a Program Manager or Director
- Experience setting up and running Digital Programs essential
- Experience working on Technology Enablement programs, particularly around Data & AI
- Experience working on Lifecycle Management programs
- Exceptional soft skills, particularly influencing and negotiation skills
This role is targeted for a end of January start date, with interviews to take place from the 18th of January. The successful candidate will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check before commencing in the role.
To apply please click apply. We are currently receiving high application volumes, if your application is suitable we will contact you, if it is unsuitable you will be advised by email. To discuss confidentially call Dominic Jennings on +61 3 86282147.