- Manage the execution of the planning and development phase of the project to achieve completion within agreed budget, time and accepted quality standards
- Prepare and update project plans for projects
- Develop comprehensive work scope, project program, risk and issues for major capital projects
- Coordinate the development of project cost estimates with the estimating group to produce an estimate to +/-10% accuracy
- Co-ordinate with project stakeholders and incorporate requirements into project designs and specifications
- Identify, and engage, resources required to complete project tasks in accordance with the project program
- Collaborate with senior managers to prepare short and long term plans to achieve project milestones
- Identify procurement requirements and initiate procurement of long lead items and ensure a bill of materials is completed for handover
- Identify outage requirements for the projects and schedule these in the appropriate outage management system
- Provide advice, information and, report and submissions on project performance and to achieve project objective
- Demonstrate a high-level technical understanding relevant to the role
- Coordinate and manage IFC designs in accordance with appropriate standards
- Prepare technical Scope definition report that includes the scope of work and list drawings for construction, conceptual designs.
- Prepare option feasibility studies ensuring that option scope, cost, program, environment and risks are considered.
- Provide alternative solutions where applicable and make recommendations based on cost, environmental, safety and operational issues
- Prepare monthly project status reports in accordance with procedures
- Monitor and report to management on project progress, cost and performance against program and budget targets using appropriate software tools
- Develop comprehensive reports in compliance with appropriate standard
- Experience in project management of engineering projects including coordination of design, environment, and stakeholder engagement activities
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal abilities to engage and coordinate personnel to complete tasks within an allotted time and budget
- Experience in report writing and business reporting
- Experience in the development of detailed project schedules and cost estimates for projects
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Current driver's licence and the ability to work away from assigned location
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, Australian Standards and Government policy guidelines, which govern safety, engineering design, environmental assessment for the implementation of engineering projects
How to apply
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
Alternatively, if you would like more information on the role, please contact Ashwin on 0450 173 053 also at Ashwin.Sadashiv@modis.com
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Modis is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and indigenous Australians.