We have been engaged by a major client in the Government space who is looking for a talented Project Co-ordinator to join their team.
In this role, you will be responsible for provide assistance to a number Project and Program Managers who are delivering a range projects as part of IT Portfolio.
Skills & Experience
Minimum 10 years of experience in the industry in supporting an IT Project Portfolio and/or Project delivery function in a PRINCE2/PMBOK environment.
- Project Financial Management - Track timesheets of all CoS resources; journals, and accruals. Monitor Purchase Orders and track invoices against Purchase Orders. Process project invoices and contractor invoices.
- Schedule Management - Monitor the CoS project plans to ensure that the PMs perform regular updates to the project/program schedule in Microsoft Project.
- Resource Management - Create, monitor and close CoS resource demand. Facilitate onboarding and induction of new CoS project resources. Maintain team leave and training calendar, hardware, software, and other requirements. Experience in resource management across multiple projects
- Portfolio Reporting - Experience in preparing project documentation in conjunction with project and program managers. Preparing weekly, fortnightly and monthly reports to be circulated to the CoS project management and senior stakeholders. Reports include project status reports, resource forecast reports, stage-gate status reports, schedule health report, project spend dashboards.
- CoS PMO Support Services - Experience in minuting project status and technology steering group meetings. Produce and circulate the meeting decks to stakeholders. Transcribe and distribute minutes (decisions and actions) from the meetings and track actions until closure
- RAID Management - Assist project managers with issues, risks, scheduling, and change control management. Monitor the CoS risk and issue register. Review the risks, issues, dependencies, and assumptions regularly with the project managers, program manager, and update register, if required escalate overdue ones
- Change Control Management - Experience coordinating production change control process/system. Assist the project managers in creating the change requests and check that the change requests meet the minimum CoS standards. Maintain the change request log.
- Portfolio Governance - Support the governance and control of projects in accordance with CoS project management standards. Develop processes for various activities, for example, portfolio reporting, stage gate reviews, project invoicing, resourcing and cost tracking.
- Continuous Improvement - Monitor current CoS processes and implement suitable improvements to the existing processes. Prepare documents/guides on these project management processes for wider circulation
- Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Project and MS Office suite / SharePoint.
- Experience in working across multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience in a large challenging enterprise environment
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Capability and skills in writing and publishing procedural documentation for project management and governance
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in managing challenging situations and people
- Highly motivated and pro-active work ethic
- PRINCE2/PMBOK Foundation or CAPM certification highly regarded
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world-class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of the global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
If you think you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more. Please reach out to me - Kieran Goldsworthy | Kieran.firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"