Clicks are currently seeking a Project Manager for a great contract opportunity with a federal government department. We are looking for an embedded resource in Canberra that wants to be part of a long term (multi-year) opportunity.
The successful candidate will sit full time in the Canberra office with the rest of the departments team. You will support all aspects of the development and delivery of specific projects within the department, with a particular focus on technical support. However, flexibility will be required on a day to day basis to help the team address everything from short timeline queries to long-term strategic planning.
The projects involve a number of interesting and exciting objectives, allowing the you to gather a broad range of experience.
The projects priorities include:
- Setting up a framework for measuring and monitoring
- Roll-out of large scale solar
- Investigation and adoption (where appropriate) of energy storage systems, including batteries and hydrogen
- Investigation and adoption (where appropriate) of innovative energy contracting models
- Understanding the digitisation trends in energy and realising the benefits of digitisation while managing the risks
- Generally measuring and monitoring the performance and risks associated with the programs activities
- Technical qualifications and experience in the energy field (electrical engineering preferred)
- Pro-active attitude
- Shows initiative
- Able to work autonomously when required
- Ability to be flexible in terms of areas of focus to meet changing program needs and short timeline queries
- Current security clearance
- Medium level Excel skills
Preferred attributes (not essential):
- General understanding of Govt procurement processes
- General understanding of the energy sector
- Experience managing complex and diverse stakeholders
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Matthew Clarke at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7716.