We are currently seeking an ICT Application Project Manager for an exciting long term contract position with a Federal Government Department. The successful candidiate will have experience working on coordination and delivery management of complex ICT projects, to participate in quality assurance activities to manage their interdependencies in support of specific business strategies and objectives on various projects.
The project manager will be required to:
- Undertake effective planning and coordinating of activities to successfully deliver project outcomes
- Coordinate the delivery project outcomes in line with architecture alignment, programme delivery and financial outcomes.
- Resource planning and coordination as required
- Deliver quality project outcomes and business benefits in line with agreed business case objectives and aligned to the project, program, portfolio management and architectural governance framework.
- Risk management activities for projects, ensuring appropriate and effective governance arrangements are adhered to, supported by comprehensive reporting.
- Initiate, establish and maintain strong relationships with an extensive range of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Negotiate and cooperate with a range of stakeholders to ensure the achievement of project outcomes.
- Align project delivery and planning to the broader strategic Departmental objectives.
- Adapt quickly with flexibility and capacity to changing demands, priorities and direction.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience delivering ICT Agile application projects within tight timeframes
- Extensive experience in preparing and presenting project progress reports for Senior Executives
- Demonstrated experience and skills with engaging and managing ICT vendors, including approach to markets, evaluation and delivery management.
- Experience working with groups and in workshop environments to produce high quality outcomes.
- Appropriate project management qualifications, with a sound knowledge of techniques for establishing, planning, monitoring and controlling major ICT projects.
- Current Negative Vetting 1 clearance required
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Matthew Clarke at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7716.