This insurance organisation is searching for a Project Manager with experience implementing Guidewire, an insurance-industry specific application, for a 12 month contract role based in the Melbourne CBD.
- Working closely with the business to deliver a Guidewire implementation on time and on budget to agreed business outcomes
- Business Change Management - directing business change from the existing business structures to the new business model where necessary
- Facilitation of Development of the new business model - driving to gain agreement around the details of the business model to be delivered
- Delivery and progress - actively engaging and driving all delivery aspects and ensuring that progress is made in line with the Steering Committee requirements and expectations
- Maintaining a clear understanding of the status, risks and issues of the Guidewire project/s as well as an understating/overview of other areas the Guidewire project will touch upon
- Reporting - regular reporting to the Project Director and Steering Committee as required
- Managing Stakeholder Relationships - engaging and managing stakeholder relationships
- Planning - from an overall project point of view
- Risk and Issue Management - ability to identify and manage the key risks and issues for the overall project
- Managing Suppliers/vendors - internal and external to ensure quality and timeliness of delivery
- Previous experience implementing Guidewire essential
- Experience working on complex data driven projects highly regarded
- Insurance and/or financial services domain experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Strong project management skills, with a proven track record in delivering significant business (non - IT) and/or IT projects.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to drive business, decision making and issue resolution
- Formal project management training highly desirable
- Operate comfortably at all levels of the organisation
- Capacity to work in highly pressured & volatile environment
- Ability to work at strategic levels
- Knowledge of waterfall and agile project methodologies
To apply please click apply or call Dominic Jennings on +61 3 86282147 for a confidential discussion.