A government organisation is looking for a Project Manager - SAP Data Conversion. This is a 6-month contract with possible extension and it is based in the Inner West.
This Project Manager role is responsible for the delivery of the IT program work stream tasked with delivering a restructure of Projects Data in the SAP-ERP System. Supplementary to the core data migration stream and reporting to the E2E Data Migration Manager; the focus will be on managing the build, unit test and validation test of a toolset to facilitate project structure changes and master data attribute updates based on business feedback.
- Manage a team of developers, data administrators and functional resources to build, test and deploy the required data conversion/migration tools within the defined scope
- Facilitate a structured process of receiving business data, undertaking assurance checks, running the conversion tools, and reconciling the changed data against original data
- Work with the business to develop metrics to report on progress
- Deliver a process to confirm changed data is correct and operationally ready for the business
- Define and communicate the project approach, activities and progress towards the required outcome(s)
- Manage project deliverables to meet the schedule, oversee aligned timely delivery to agreed dates
- Align IT and Business resources to project requirements and timelines.
- Provide regular project status reports and financial reports.
- Effectively & proactively track and manage risks and issues
- Consult with stakeholders to ensure that business outcomes are appropriately understood and delivered
- Setup and run required project stand-ups, meetings and workshops to facilitate delivery
- Experience that includes previous delivery of data migration projects involving SAP-ERP using the PPM/PS and FI-CO Modules - mandatory
- Previous multi-year (7+ years) experience as a high performing Project Manager in complex integrated enterprise environments
- Experience implementing ERP Systems, and working knowledge of related key finance, projects and procurement processes
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management skills; logical approach to planning and analysis, ability to deliver to tight timelines, make sound risk-based decisions
- Experience as a leader, bringing together large teams to work toward a common goal
- Detailed finance and accounting, operational projects domain knowledge would be advantageous
- Understanding of SAP data objects and data migration best-practices
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) concepts and processes, in particular finance, procurement and projects management
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Apply a proactive, structured approach to project delivery, while demonstrating an ability to think 'outside the box' when necessary to achieve the best outcome
- Be able to effectively present analysis outcomes and options to executive stakeholders for decision-making
- A driven, logical and organised approach to project management - must be able to segment and prioritise work packages and tasks
- Capability to manage within a defined scope; managing risk of scope creep via effective, firm decision making and stakeholder management
- Ability to apply sensitivity and strategic influencing skills amongst a diverse range of stakeholders who may be resistant to change.
- Ability to segment large issues or problem statements into smaller tasks to address and direct priorities accordingly
- Able to start immediately
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Freda Kwok at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4404.