Position: Customer Project Manager (CPM)
Role Purpose: The (CPM) is accountable for an external customer's projects/programmes achieve their targets, keep their schedule, and maintain estimated cost, time, and quality within planned scope. Covers management of risks that affect the delivery of project outcomes.
Will be responsible for the overall project success with respect to external customer satisfaction, financial results, health & safety control activities as well as operational services delivery performance. End-to-end project planning, risk and opportunity management.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manages customer project for a defined service scope for a medium to large complex customer contract with medium to high risk probability.
- Ensures all project and operational management is in full alignment with the clients a Mode of Operation, BG/BL guidelines.
- Plans customer project and keeps plan updated to reflect and anticipate changes by coordinating change management on all aspects affecting cost, scope, schedule and quality (CSSQ).
- Assures consistency among project financial, product and service forecast activities.
- Participates in pre-sales and sales process activities. Determines delivery approach alternatives and manages the selection of the final recommended approach to delivery.
- Ensures hand over from Sell to Execute and from Delivery to Care is done and monitors progress against it.
- Manages the customer relationship during delivery and serves as the primary interface towards the customer in all activities-related to the own scope of the contract, including customer complaints, corrective actions, and changing requirements.
- Prepares a clear and effective communications plan and ensures proactive communication of all relevant information to the customer and to all stakeholders.
- Monitors and controls that the project is delivered within the approved budget, profitability forecast, and planned scope.
- Ensures that the project meets all objectives for quality and looks continuously for quality improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Actively applies appropriate best practices and lessons learned throughout the life of the project.
- Ensures data in all project-related tools and repositories is kept up-to-date and with high quality.
- Conducts thorough risk management for all project risks and opportunities.
- Leads the project team and may perform some line manager responsibilities.
- Completes the project closure and handover as required.
- May act in Technical Project Manager assignment: Leads technical activities during execution and care phase. Acts as primary technical interface and first technical escalation point within the customer project
Scope & Contribution: Individual Contributor: Can analyse, develop and implement concepts and solutions as a subject matter expert. Increased awareness of and involvement outside of own subject area. Managerial/Supervisory: Clear managerial responsibilities for people. Typically, first level of solid line management. Interprets policies. Ensures existing plans are put into operation. Executes or oversees processes to meet customer needs. Responsible for analysis, design & development of policies, plans, programs.
Innovation: Analyse situations or data that requires review of relevant factors. Solutions can often be checked and proved. Demonstrates success in multiple roles and is adaptable to manage complex changing business environments.
Communication: Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function and teams, and typically has responsibilities for communicating with parties external to the organisation, which may include customers or vendors. Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership, senior leaders and may at times be required to negotiate regarding operational issues.
Knowledge & Experience: Management Experience/achieved well-advanced skills of a specific professional discipline combining deep knowledge of theory and organisational practice or expertise.
Recognised expert in their field, typically requires 5-8 years of extensive relevant experience or a graduate/postgraduate equivalent degree.