One of our premium clients based in Brisbane is looking for a highly experienced and committed Release Manager. This key position will be responsible for leading, planning, scheduling, and deployment of releases relating to the Connect system, a cloud-based Business Process Management tool built on an Appian platform, along with other Line of Business systems that are integrated with Appian to form the Digital Products Platform. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
Specific responsibilities of the Release Manager are outlined below:
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles.
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities including Release Reporting, Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans.
- Identify and escalate risks and resolves issue that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the release backlog.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required.
- Work with technical resources to understand impacts development they have completed i.e. branches and code merges.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Lead and coordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Facilitate Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks including ensuring that all configuration released has been thoroughly tested and have business sign off prior to being approved by the CAB.
- 2-6 years of previous release management experience, (Solid understanding of ITIL practices)
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Formal training in ITIL practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Experience in both Agile and Prince 2
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strongly committed release manager skill set to this organization.
For more information on the role, please contact Payal Seth on firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"