To meet Modis continuously growing pipeline of work, we are looking for Risk Management consultant to join the team to support and drive our expanding business. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting Performance Unit Leadership Teams in implementing risk management framework through the coordination and facilitation of risk related activities; and providing assurance on the risk and control environment.
- The individual plays a key role in providing support to Corporate Super (Relationship Manager/Business Development teams, Product - Superannuation & Insurance) in building a strong risk management culture and associated behavioural competencies, and in testing the 'first line of defence' on its execution of its risk management responsibilities
- Supporting the PU to ensure that risks, controls and aligned compliance obligations are identified, documented, assessed, managed and are being appropriately monitored and reported.
- This includes proactively supporting the identification and assessment of delivered risks associated with Change initiatives and ensuring application of Control Management System (CMS) framework.
- Support business leaders in managing compliance obligations (identification & escalation) and determining whether appropriate controls exist to manage compliance obligations.
- Provide assurance that controls are designed and operating effectively to mitigate risks and meet compliance obligations. This include assisting the business to identify new, re-design existing controls and provide obligation and risk linkages through operational risk profiling and change risk processes.
- Assist Performance Unit Leadership Team to record, manage, report and escalate operational risks and compliance events. Escalate risks and issues to Head of Management Assurance which are not supported within agreed tolerances.
- Supporting the ongoing data integrity of the Risk System (RiskSmart) Tool via investigation and action of reported data exceptions.
- Co-ordinating activities with the central Management Assurance HUB function including Compliance teams to ensure appropriate and timely outcome for the PU.
- Preparation of monthly Risk Management Forums packs and attendance to the meetings as the Management Assurance representative.
- Lead targeted assurance reviews for specific risks, issues, events, audit areas which are not already covered by Risk and or Internal Audit, in line with the annual control assurance plan.
- All activity is directed and agreed by the Head of Management Assurance, and includes ad-hoc tasks and activities
Skills & Experience
- Must have strong Risk Management skills
- Must have strong superannuation domain experience
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Culture & Benefits
Our people are the lifeblood of our business, and it is our people, irrefutably, who are our single biggest differentiator over other consulting organisations. At Modis, you will work for a highly successful growing organisation that offers national consulting opportunities and you will have the freedom to create your own success, as well as learning and development support in order to realise your potential. We invite you to apply below and learn more about diverse range of opportunities at Modis and what makes our workplace culture inspiring.
For more information on the role, please contact Ravikumar Sammeta on Ravikumar.email@example.com / 0428 407 454
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
Modis is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and indigenous Australians.