onPsych is seeking FULLY REGISTERED Psychologists and Mental Health Social Workers to work in primary and high schools in the Canberra region.
Applicants must be fully registered. Several positions available, full or part time (Contracted).
Applicants must have, or be prepared to undergo a police check for a "working with children" permit, and have a current drivers license, internet connected computer, and mobile phone.
onPsych services are looking for enthusiastic, reliable and self-motivated professionals to work in a multi-disciplinary school environment with most of your clients aged between 5 and 17 yrs.
Much of your work will be psycho-educational, teaching cognitive and social skills and developing behavioural programs. Further opportunity to conduct a variety cognitive assessments.
See our web site for more details at www.onpsych.com.au
All CPD hours covered through the annual active onPsych Professional Development day, Group Supervision, online discussion forums, our innovative resource library and general supervision of individual school cases.
Some of the issues we support schools with include:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Stress (exams/relationships)
- Behavioural and conduct disorders
- Social, relationship and emotional issues (anger management/emotion de-regulation)
- Mental Health disorders Bullying - both for the bully and bullied
- Divorce and Grief
- ASD and ADHD adjustment to integrated learning
onPsych also offers skills training groups:
- Anxiety/Anger Management
- Relationship and social skills
- Motivation Parenting Skills
A successful applicant will have:
- The skill to communicate effectively with a wide range of client groups
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be able to write clear and concise reports and have good presentation skills
- Work in an organised and efficient manner within an overall service format
- Develop relationships with teachers, parents, doctors and other professionals.
- Be highly organised paying close attention to detail
- Enjoy and be able to work independently
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Be emotionally resilient and be able to work in a challenging environment
- Be able to manage a significant caseload
- Have a mobile phone, car and internet connected computer
- Knowledge of a range of therapeutic techniques suitable for use with children and young people
- Awareness of own personal development needs.
Overseas applicants welcome.
Job Type: Sole trader