Based in the CBD, due to an internal promotion this Enterprise organisation is looking to bring on board a Security Analyst to work within their supportive & collaborative team.
This is a permanent position being Mon - Fri offering further career progression with on going Training being provided to also give you the career path opportunities.
The IT security controls covers patching, identity & user access reviews, logging & monitoring compliance, perimeter security controls (i.e. Firewall, Intrusion Prevention etc.) and includes risk identification and assessment across all systems and users within the organisation. This role may also include governance activities over the user access review process.
The role is responsible for working with all Technology teams to ensure implementation of appropriate controls across systems and services, and consulting to the business units and Architecture teams to ensure controls are applicable and consistent with the security policy.
Strong knowledge of Information Security Management principles and responsibility for IT risk identification and assessment through the organisations governance and compliance process. Working with the Risk Management team, ensuring that risks are clearly articulated in the organisational risk register along with mitigation and treatment plans based on the companies IT security controls.
To be successful in this role, ideally you should have the following:
- 2 years+ experience in Information Security, with a strong emphasis on security controls management or assurance.
- Experience in information security management, controls management and risk assessment gained through working in government or corporate environments
- Knowledgeable in applying a risk driven approach to system and application security controls based on industry frameworks (NIST, ASD, ISO27k)
- Knowledgeable in the development of standards, processes and assessment documentation for government or Enterprise organisations
- Consulting and facilitating stakeholder discussions on information security and security controls.
- Strong IT skills to articulate technical requirements for implementation of security changes
- Strong communication and writing skills for documentation development.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please send your resume in WORD Format clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for a confidential phone chat, please call Katrina Thorburn on 03 9963 4864.