Senior Data Engineer| Apache Spark | Python |Git | Permanent role |Sydney CBD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in delivering Agile based methodologies. Get involved in sprint planning; raising issues or blockers, and participating in showcases and retrospectives
- Gather stakeholders requirements to ensure solutions meet business expectations
- Train end users to use data products
- Utilise DevOps practices in an Azure environment by automating build, test, and deployment. Use technologies such as Python, Git and Apache Spark.
- Automate software delivery process using CI/CD pipelines. Get involved in unit, system and end to end testing
- Develop an efficient ETL process, Predictive Analytics, Cubes, Visualisations and Dashboards. Follow the Software Development Life Cycle and use technologies such as SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI (DAX, PowerQuery) and Python.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or Industry equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in Software Development Data Engineering solutions. Ideally with experience in Python, Git, Big Data solutions such as Apache Spark
- Strong skills in SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and PowerBI (dashboard, report and designing data models)
- Understanding or experience in CI/CD pipelines (Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment) DevOps and Azure
- Experience in dashboard, report, and data model design
- Agile Development methodologies experience
- Excellent communications skills with ability to gather business requirements from stakeholders
If you are keen to apply please attach a MS Word Copy of your profile. Use the "Apply Now" tab to complete your application. After your application and you still have further queries please call Rowena on 0430 355 131 for a confidential requirement with Ref # RS62613.