Senior Data Engineer| Apache Spark | Python |Git | Initial 7 months Fixed Term Contract | Western Sydney
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in delivering Agile based methodologies. Get involved in sprint planning; raising issues or blockers, and participating in showcases and retrospectives
- Gather stakeholders requirements to ensure solutions meet business expectations
- Train end users to use data products
- Utilise DevOps practices in an Azure environment by automating build, test, and deployment. Use technologies such as Python, Git and Apache Spark.
- Automate software delivery process using CI/CD pipelines. Get involved in unit, system and end to end testing
- Develop an efficient ETL process, Predictive Analytics, Cubes, Visualisations and Dashboards. Follow the Software Development Life Cycle and use technologies such as SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI (DAX, PowerQuery) and Python.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or Industry equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in Software Development or delivering Data Engineering solutions. Ideally with experience in Python, Git, Big Data solutions such as Apache Spark
- Strong skills in SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and PowerBI (dashboard, report and designing data models)
- Understanding or experience in CI/CD pipelines (Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment) DevOps and Azure
- Experience in dashboard, report, and data model design
- Agile Development methodologies experience
- Excellent communications skills with ability to gather business requirements from stakeholders
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Rowena Simbulan at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4450.