We are looking for Senior Database Administrators for our Federal government client based in Canberra.
Duration: 12 months with 24 months extension
Australian citizens with minimum NV1 security clearance are eligible to apply
- Production support, investigate complex Db2 incidents and provide solutions.
- Migration of Db2 databases V10.5 to V11.
- Performance investigation and tuning.
- Maintain and monitor general housekeeping scripts including BACKUPS and STATISTICS.
- Consult with application teams and other technical areas.
- Maintain and administrate MQ Replication on Mainframe and midrange.
- Test upgrades and automate upgrades rollout for the databases.
- Fix incidents after hours if called by On-call staff for incidents that cannot wait until business hours.
- Develop team capabilities including resource requirements, coaching, mentoring and training staff on technical specialities including documentation.
- Research and analyse processes, evaluate inefficiencies and recommend optimal solutions to colleagues and management.
- Provide notification, impact assessment or other information as required to relevant stakeholders including management.
- Five years (minimum) experience with Db2 DBMS administration skills
- Five years (minimum) experience with PostgreSQL DBMS administration skills
- Three years (minimum) experience with MongoDB DBMS administration skills
- Five years (minimum) experience with Database M Queue Replication skills
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.