We are now seeking an experienced Website Developer with extensive knowledge of the Drupal and WordPress content management systems for our large Federal Government client in Canberra.
Duration: Immediate start until August 2021 with 24 month extensions.
Citizenship requirements: Australian Citizen
The Senior Developer is required to configure and manage AWS platforms. Familiarity with incorporating user-centric evidence and the principles of the Digital Service Standard with modern tooling, practices, and automation is highly desirable.
- Development, testing and implementation of a fully accessible websites (in Drupal and WordPress);
- Web development including testing and implementation
- Enhancements to further existing website functions
- Providing expert advice and assistance in regards to PHP, XML, CSS and HTML
- Performing web server administration
- Liaising with business areas to discuss functional requirements
- Modifying templates and modules to add/improve website functionality
- Preparing and publishing of online content
- Provide specialist knowledge and technical expertise in the development and implementation of websites, with a particular focus on the use of the Drupal and WordPress applications
- Provide support for and accurate technical advice on publishing and maintenance of online content.
- Prepare procedural documentation and guidelines related to technical aspects of the Drupal and WordPress applications
- Expert knowledge and experience in using web-related tools and software including:
- Drupal and WordPress - Content Management Systems including Drupal 7/8/9. Including:
- Drupal batch API
- Drupal Services
- Drupal views
- Drupal/Apache Solr Search
- Drupal customisation techniques relating to themes, modules
- API integration
- WordPress and Drupal customisation techniques relating to themes, plug-ins, widgets, and APIs
- Adobe Creative Suite including Dreamweaver and Photoshop and XD.
- Understanding of GovCMS
- Ability to manage and configure webserver management (LAMP, & LEMP), AWS, Docker and Composer.
- Ability to manage and configure deployment automation and testing automation.
Nice to have skills:
- Expert knowledge and understanding of web languages and standards, including:
- Australian Government web standards
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (AA)
- Digital Service Standard (https://www.dta.gov.au/standard/ )
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.