Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer. You must have hands on experience with NetApp (On-premise & Cloud), HPE, Brocade, Windows & Cloud platforms (Azure & AWS). The engineer will provide expertise in operational support, design, implementation, configuration, and optimisation within a complex environment.
- Perform daily monitoring and health checks of SAN Infrastructure components for failure or deviation from normal operating thresholds.
- Perform daily monitoring and health checks system backups and check for failures or deviation from normal operating thresholds.
- Analyse and resolve complex hardware and software issues associated with storage & server platforms including NetApp, HPE, HDS and others.
- Assist with on-premise & cloud upgrades, security settings, system implementation, performance monitoring and problem solving for complex environments
- ITSM ticket systems (Remedy) to review root cause of incidents and work with appropriate resources to ensure continuous improvements of technology environment and products.
- Monitor performance and provide tuning optimizations based upon the use of native and third-party monitoring tools.
- Maintain data from a capacity, performance, and inventory perspective to provide data for trend analysis as needed.
- Life cycle management of infrastructure software & quarterly patch management. Working in conjunction with VMware, Server, DBA, and Network teams to schedule patches, upgrades, and firmware modifications to minimize impact to the business.
- Perform after-hours support in an on-call rotation schedule as required.
- Review, approve and schedule changes requests and maintenance activities.
- 5+ years' experience administering NetApp (CDOT), HPE infrastructure (OneView), Windows environment to include Active Directory, ADFS, Windows Server (2012 & 2016)
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with influence stakeholders, internal teams and strategic vendors.
- Experience in managing VMware
- Knowledge and experience with AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Ability to design, code, test, and implement automation scripts safely in a production environment.
- Experience reviewing and providing feedback on solution designs.
- Knowledge of Veritas NetBackup desirable.
- Experienced working within an ITIL framework.
- Experience configuring and administration of high availability environments and services.
- Operating workloads within a cloud and on premises environments.
- Strong understanding of system hardening and security configuration.
- Fibre channel switching and zoning (Brocade).
- Ability to troubleshoot IO performance and monitor disk usage.
- Working knowledge of data protection and DR site replication.
Please Note: Candidates must be Australian Citizens
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Tom Watt at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4400.