Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world-class Engineering and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of the global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
One of our premium Defence clients based in Adelaide is looking for a Senior Engineer - Mechanical to work on predominantly submarines. This represents an exciting, long term opportunity to work as part of a small team, in a hands-on setting.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide engineering support and expertise to the business, to act as the Engineering signatory.
- To liaise with all stake holders in an Engineering capacity and to provide engineering support for the refurbishment of Equipment.
- To approve the amendment of Engineering drawings / Red Pen amendments.
- To support onsite operations.
- Prepare Design changes for approval.
- Produce engineering drawings as an aid to manufacture
- Review test requirements and safe working documentation
- To manage the engineering process within the business.
Experience / Knowledge and Qualification:
- Degree in an Engineering disciple appropriate to the role (to be produced at interview)
- Be a certified member (or eligible) of the Institute of Engineering (to be verified at interview, the business to pay for the continued registration of employee)
- Experience working in ab Engineering role (to be verified at interview)
- Experience working within the Defence industry - desirable. (to be verified at interview)
- Engineering support to the workshop and Program Manager
- Drawing amendments and approval/signoff
- Testing requirements review, implementation, and creation
- Designation and sign off of Non-conforming components/equipment/ design, in conjunction with the Quality Department
- Liaise with the Quality Department in support of the Problem Report Process
You will have strong communication skills and be experienced at attending meetings with third parties, representing the client accordingly. Ideally, you will bring a strong Mechanical Engineering/Design background.
You will be an Australian Citizen and either has NV1 clearance, or be able to obtain.
For more information on the role, please contact Zeenat D'Penha on 08 83068234 and submit your resume by applying to this position alternatively you may also share your resume on firstname.lastname@example.org
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds.