To meet Modis' continuously growing pipeline of work, we are looking for a Senior Java developer to join the team to support and drive our expanding business. In this role, you will be responsible for the following activities on the project:
- WebEx integration with Connect
- Connect absentee notices
- Assist with setting up integration and automation frameworks
- Designs and develops quality software or hardware products and solutions in web and non-web environments;
- Applies business requirements to the analysis and design of web based solutions;
- Participates in all phases of product development lifecycle, including the analysis, design, test, integration and implementation of products and services;
- Develops design specifications and parameters that are in compliance with products' architectural blueprints;
- Researches, evaluates and incorporates new technology and tools to enhance the product development process; and
- Co-develops product user manuals and testing plans.
Skills & Experience
- Proven Java/J2EE experience in all tiers of enterprise development (presentation, server and database) with commercial or Government organisations;
- Proven experience developing and deploying applications using a range of Java based infrastructure and frameworks including TOMCAT, JBOSS, VAADIN, STRUTS, JUNIT, GLASSFISH/WEB LOGIC and in particular GWT;
- Proven experience integrating software with existing systems across a number of technologies and associated applications;
- Proven experience in Software Quality assurance, SDLC and Iterative Prototyping models;
- Proven experience and understanding of OO design principles;
- Experience in using object relational mapping tools (Hibernate);
- Experience developing and building web services;
- Experience designing and implementing systems using messaging platforms, preferably SIF and/or FUSE;
- Experience and understanding of relational database concepts and platforms;
- Understanding of SOA and service reusability;
- Portal development experience, preferably using Oracle and/or LIFERAY;
- Proven knowledge and experience in test development and integration activities for various ICT systems, software applications and interfaces;
- Experience integrating Java with external hardware platforms at serial communications port level highly desirable; and
- Proven experience preparing estimates for service requests.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Culture & Benefits
Our people are the lifeblood of our business, and it is our people, irrefutably, who are our single biggest differentiator over other consulting organisations. At Modis, you will work for a highly successful growing organisation that offers national consulting opportunities, and you will have the freedom to create your own success, as well as learning and development support in order to realise your potential. We invite you to apply below and learn more about the diverse range of opportunities at Modis and what makes our workplace culture inspiring.
For more information on the role, please contact Simi Joseph on 0893248444.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below, you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements, and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds."