A Multinational Technology Company
As the Senior Network Development Engineer you will:
- Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
- Provide critical on-shift network operations support to its customers to diagnose of large-scale networking events
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes while supporting and maintaining next generation datacentre networks.
- Partner with the broader Technical Operations organization to reduce operational burden.
- Work closely with Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
- Drive standards across the network and ensure fully compliance to those standards and policies.
- Monitor and manage communications during large-scale events utilizing an established Event Management process
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues. Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low-level application interaction
- Mentor more junior staff in basic network administration, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
Essential Skills and Experience Required
- A relevant degree in a related technical discipline or at least five years relevant experience in a large-scale network operations environment is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major Internet routing protocols, BGP, OSPF.
- Excellent Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
- Substantial background in large scale datacentre network implementations and support.
- Deep knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures.
- Significant past experience with the following protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, TCP/IP Flow control, UDP, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, DNS, ARP, HTTP, SSL, STP, Trunking, & Port Channelling, IPsec and TLS
- In depth experience on Cisco IOS and Cisco hardware platforms
- Experience working in virtualised enterprise networking environments
- Software development/programming/scripting skills are highly desired - specifically Perl, or shell (bash, ksh, csh)
- Knowledge or awareness of IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, COBIT) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry and help shape the direction of one of the largest and fastest growing cloud networks in the world.
How to Apply:
Please click the link or call Mike Clark on 0429 181 233 or more details
My Client is focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. They value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics their people possess. Because of this Modis equally is committed to all forms of Workforce Diversity and we invite and encourage applications from LGBT+, Women and Indigenous Australians.