We are looking for Senior Network Technical Engineering Expert for a large Federal Government client in Canberra
Duration: 12 months with 2 X12 month extensions
Australian Citizens with minimum NV1 clearance are eligible to apply
The Technical Engineering Expert uses their in-depth knowledge of specific ICT Platforms to provide expert advice on the management and maintenance of those platforms. They work closely with key third party suppliers to ensure the provision of a robust infrastructure capability to the business, and liaise with architecture and shared services areas to ensure the security of the day-to-day technical operations.
The Technical Engineering Expert exercises a considerable degree of independence, with decision-making substantially dependent on their high-level judgement and consideration of wider agency implications, with work being performed under the general guidance of senior staff. In performing a leadership role, Technical Engineering Experts drive innovation, changes in workplace practices and organises work in the context of competing priorities and strategic direction.
- Assist with delivery of an optimal strategic system landscape
- Manage the design, installation and operation of the ICT system instance landscape, client and transport processes
- Provide broad technical support for project build, test and solution deployment activities
- Configure and manage all non-functional platform capabilities including job scheduling, output management, email, archiving, technical security, technical connectivity between software components
- Liaise with the infrastructure team in the design, procurement and deployment of hardware and related assets
- Manage the regular maintenance of patches and support packages for all technical layers
- Manage the operation of backup, high availability and disaster recovery solutions for IT systems
- Manage the administration and operation of the database solution
- At least five (5) years demonstrated experience in design, management and maintenance of Internet Gateway and/or large scale Data Centre networking environment.
- Demonstrated experience and technical proficiency in the design and deployment of services using F5 Layer 4-7 switching / load balancing products
- Demonstrated experience in the design and deployment of network infrastructure including Cisco data centre routers, switches, BGP and OSPF routing protocols.
- Well-developed communication skills with a proven ability to communicate both orally and in writing with management and technical stakeholders across business and technical areas.
- Experience of, and proficiency in, use of automation tools for deployment of changes and automating operational procedures
- Experience with and/or detailed understanding of Software Defined Network technologies
- Experience with design and integration of hybrid and public cloud services
- Demonstrated experience in development and maintenance of System Architecture and design documentation
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.