Large transformation projects
Senior Project Manager - Corporate Core Finance
Senior Project Managers manage projects, rather than programs up to 10 to 20 resources. In this case the project/streams are a component of a larger program of work, reporting into a Program Manager.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of assigned projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, policies and objectives.
- Execute projects to deliver the defined project scope, cost, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
- Effectively communicate project progress and expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely, clear and transparent fashion.
- Facilitate the detailed planning needed to define and agree;
- project scope, goals and deliverables,
- project tasks and resource requirements
- project budget and financial plan
- project resource allocation
- plan and schedule project timelines
- quality expectations and approach (quality plan)
- communications strategy and communications plan
- RAID Register and ongoing oversight
- Liaise with project stakeholders and sponsors on an ongoing basis.
- Liaise with internal and external parties, as appropriate, on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate tasks and responsibilities with appropriate personnel.
- Identify and seek to resolve issues and time/resource conflicts within the project team.
- Participate in project reviews to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Identify, drive and support the adoption of best practices and tools for project execution
- Monitoring of and reporting on work schedules to ensure completion of work within time and budget constraints.
- Manage project financials to budget/forecast and deliver timely and accurate reporting.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Promote teamwork and provide direction and support to project team
- Identify risks, and manage contingency and mitigation actions to ensure achievement of project objectives
- Experience in IT / infrastructure / GL projects
- Experience working in a Senior Project Manager role using a structured, process driven approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage and interact effectively with both in house and external service providers.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good group facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Good problem-solving, negotiating, and conflict resolution abilities.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and delegate tasks effectively and allocate resources appropriately.
- Good understanding of technical infrastructure and/or software development methodologies
- Other required proficiency
- Planning - Advanced
- Relationship Management - Advanced
- Resource Management - Advanced
- Risk Management - Advanced
- Change Management - Advanced
- Team Engagement - Advanced
- Analytical skills (questioning/clarifying/research) - Advanced
- Project Management - Advanced
- Communication Skills - Advanced
- Problem Solving - Advanced
Interested? Hit "APPLY" to send your CV through. Alternatively, send your CV to Ellenor.firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong skill set to this organisation.
Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds.