We are now seeking Senior Project Officers for our large Federal Government client in Canberra.
Duration: Initial 6 months contract with 24 months extension
Citizenship requirements: Australian citizen
Senior Project Officers support the delivery of the agency's projects. Working under the limited direction of senior staff, they play a role in managing straightforward projects, developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide specialist advice to ensure the consistent delivery of project outputs. They may provide leadership to a team of project staff, including setting work priorities and managing staff performance.
- Manage and coordinate straightforward projects
- Develop and manage project plans and schedules in accordance with the agency's project management framework
- Perform independent research work and analysis including the preparation of draft reports on relevant project activities
- Coordinate regular project reporting including status updates and exception reports
- Prepare draft written material including business cases, plans, executive briefs and corporate documentation
- Monitor project budgets, review and report on expenditure and assist with procurement and contract management
- Identify and assist with the management of project risks, issues and benefits
- Contribute to project quality management to ensure that project deliverables are fit for purpose and meet client needs
- Develop and support stakeholder relationships to deliver projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management frameworks, process and policies
- Minimum 3 years' experience in assisting in the delivery of projects relative to the industry
- Experience working in Agile teams through Scrum processes
- Highly developed communication skills, understanding the audience and context effectively and tailoring communication styles
- Proven ability to develop and manage key stakeholder relationships and expectations
- Demonstrated personal resilience and the ability to manage challenging and sensitive situations
- Ability to plan strategically, and prioritise workload for self and team to accomplish business outcomes
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.