One of our premium clients based in Brisbane is looking for a highly experienced and committed Senior Python GIS Developer. This key position will be responsible provide advanced specialist technical development skills (predominantly Python) to develop new and upgrade existing development operations, continuous deployment, ETL and other data management tools in the area of spatial data management. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience is the development of continuous deployment, ETL and other data management tools with proven skills in the following:
- Python 2.x and 3.x
- Containerized application development and deployment
- Software and DevOps development
- Open source Python libraries
- Minimum of one-year experience in the development and support of geographic information technology systems with proven skills in the following:
- Solution Architecture
- System Architecture
- ESRI ArcGIS
- Requirements Analysis
- Database Design
- Software Engineering
- Spatial data and web services concepts and software
- Cloud spatial data management
- Demonstrated experience with both Python 2.x and Python 3.x including migrations between versions
- Demonstrated experience designing, maintaining and building modular, reusable open source Python libraries
- Knowledge of containerized application development and deployment
- Provide specialist technical skills for the development of continuous deployment, containerized applications, and ETL tools through the use of common industry programming languages/technologies (primarily Python). These skills will be used predominantly across on-premises and cloud spatial data management environments.
- Esri system and API knowledge across database and web services (Python, .NET Server Object Extensions, Node and react.js)
- Familiarity with integration of spatial technologies into business and open data systems
- Sound understanding of modern development operations practices, such as continuous deployment and associated tooling
- Demonstrated practical experience in the programming and maintenance of web-based and modern object-oriented software.
- Demonstrates practical experience in the operation of GIS-based software including data manipulation, programming and cartography.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with a range of GIS users from expert to novice.
- Demonstrates analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates communication (written and verbal) liaison and negotiation skills.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong committed Senior Python GIS Development skill set to this organisation.
For more information on the role, please contact Payal Seth on 07 3000 1563 or email email@example.com
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"