This Australian statutory company provides administration, organisation, and supervision across NSW bodies and agencies
As the Senior Server Administrator you will be responsible for managing Windows and Linux Servers. You will initially work on a leading technology program and provide knowledge around the Linux and Windows servers. You will then provide more support with the wider group. You will build relationships with the internal teams and vendors.
As Senior Server Administrator you will ensure the maintenance, retention of knowledge and currency of infrastructure in an event based, compliance environment using a scalable resourcing model. You will deliver projects where deadlines are short, time critical and immovable.
- Manage, monitor and perform installation and configuration, OS and application patch management for MS Windows and Linux
- Provide security monitoring across all server and storage infrastructure,
- Proactively identifying risks, respond to incidents and provide recommendations
- Implement IT infrastructure projects/solutions
- Perform server and storage appliance hardware maintenance,
- Manage the capacity planning and delivery of server and storage environments for major events
- Manage infrastructure support contracts for server infrastructure provided by managed service providers
- Maintain records and documentation of the current systems environment
- Assist with construction of an on-demand infrastructure provisioning system.
- Previous experience as a Senior Server Systems Administrator with around five years' experience
- Must have Windows Server administrator experience, including experience in construction and maintenance of group policy objects
- Must have Linux Server administration, preferably with RedHat based systems
- Must be experienced in delivering projects to immoveable dates
- Prefer experience in major events and with large complex organisations
- Nice to have knowledge of PowerShell scripting and Ansible
- Have some understanding of virtual machines and networking and firewalls
- Experience creating and maintain system and change documentation
- Experience in delivering contemporary IT solutions in a high profile, statutory compliance work environment
- Experience in managing multiple vendors and suppliers to deliver time critical, interdependent operations outcomes
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and effective communication and influencing techniques.
Please Note - you will be required to complete a Police criminal check.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Aimee Senior at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4449.